Monday, December 19, 2011

Adventures in Nail Polish - Part 3

So, today was new mani day!

I'm a sucker for sparkles, obviously.  I'm also a sucker for sparkly Christmas decorations.  I was at a holiday soiree over the weekend at a good friend's house, and was in awe over her beautiful Christmas tree and all of it's sparkly ornaments.

So, this afternoon, I was digging through my nail polish drawer (yes, my nail polish has it's own drawer), and I pulled out a metallic silver, a silver glitter, and a multi-color glitter.  They reminded me of the glittery ornaments on my friend's tree.  Had to try it out.

I used 2 coats of Wet 'n Wild Silvivor (below left).  A coat of OPI Crown Me Already (below right) definitely a favorite of mine.  And on one nail on each hand, I added a coat of OPI Mad as a Hatter (below center).












The result?  Glitter-tastic sparkly ornamental nails!  Love!!!















If you've ever used glitter polish, you know what a pain it is to get off - takes forever.  A few tips I've found on-line to make it easier advise to soak a cotton pad in nail polish remover, and then wrap it around your nail for a few minutes to let it soak in.  This site says to wrap your nails (with the remover-soaked pad) in tin foil to make it easier.  I can attest that it IS easier to get off if you soak your nails in polish remover.  One of the nice ladies at my neighborhood nail spa did it on my toes once and it really worked.

Another method that I will probably try soon is one I saw recently in a magazine (I think it was Lucky)...  Instead of using cotton pads or balls, use felt.  Apparently the felt has more oomph to it that grabs the glitter better than cotton pads...  I'll try it out and let you know the outcome.

EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!
Sparkle Love joined twitter (see block on the right).  I'll tweet from time to time when something sparkly catches my eye...  If you tweet or follow others on twitter, give me a whirl - sparklelovesf.   Thanks!

Happy holidays to all!  I hope you have safe travels, fun times, and lots of sparkle!

Until next time...  How will you add sparkly ornaments to your everyday life?

No comments:

Post a Comment