Sunday, December 11, 2011

Adventures in Nail Polish - Part 2

So, it's new mani-pedi time! 

I remembered I had a gift certificate for a pedicure from my Cousin from a few years ago, and decided to use it this weekend.  Pedi was only ok (at LaBelle Day Spa in Palo Alto).  Not something I'd fork out $50 for.  Obviously I enjoyed it, but like my local neighborhood joint (Rainbow Nails in Noe Valley) more, and their pedis are only $25.

On my toes, I wanted something festive for the holidays.  I saw a super cute pair of red & gold flats that I really liked that served as my inspiration for my toes.  I bought a few years ago OPI's Ruby for Rudolph and decided to use that with some gold sparkles on top.


 
I did my own mani last night. 

On most of my nails, I used OPI's Dulce de Leche (below left) with Teenage Dream (below right) on top.  Dulce de Leche is such a lovely color on it's own.  Has some nice shine, and really blends in well with my skin tone.  It isn't overly flashy.  Teenage Dream is just dreamy!  Love the light pink-ish base and the sparkles in 2 sizes.



On one nail on each hand, I used Sally Hansen's Guilty Pleasure (below left) with Rock Candy (below right) on top.  Love the Guilty Pleasure on it's own - a nice antiquey-looking warm gold.  Rock Candy is a peachy-looking base with a little bit of glitter in it.  When using the Rock Candy, I was slightly disappointed in the amount of glitter - it is very sparse.  But over Guilty Pleasure and next to other nails with Teenage Dream on them, the subtlety is actually quite nice.
Here is the finished mani product.  I'm really loving it!



 Until next time.  Sparkle your nails off!

No comments:

Post a Comment