Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Adventures in Nail Polish - Part 1

So, it is pretty obvious that I'm addicted to sparkles.  I'm also addicted to manicures / pedicures.  They are a little luxury I enjoy once per month - what is better than a warm soak, a comfy chair, reading a frivolous magazine, and having someone make your feet and fingers look luscious?

I've recently had a few color combinations that I'm still crazy about.

For my sister's wedding in June, I got a gel mani (gelish brand) with Gossip Girl with Emerald Dust silver sparkles over.  LOVE!  Super cute hot pink with sparkles.  Wish I could have that every day.



For my birthday this year, I got another gelish gel mani with only June Bride on it - no solid color under.  It looked like layers upon layers (actually 2 coats) of very light peachy-pink with golden sparkles.  Absolutely am in love with this color.  Wish I could have this every other day.


My toes for my birthday got 2 coats of OPI Russian Navy with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Rockstar Pink on top.


Sally Hansen has a ton of really fun colors that don't break the bank.  Check them out here.  I found a blog that has swatches of most of the Sally Hansen XTreme Wear colors - check them out here.

Most recently, continuing on my sparkle kick, I got on my toes OPI Lucerne-tainly-Look-Marvelous underneath OPI Crown me Already.  Silver upon silver - love love love!
  


What kind of colors are you sporting?

Until next month...  Wonder what color I will get then...

Keep shining!

1 comment:

  1. Love "Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous" and the current fave is "Kinky In Helsinki" (see http://www.lacquerized.com/2010/01/opi-kinky-in-helsinki.html). Cool and colorful combinations here too, Jen.

    ReplyDelete